Sunday, September 30, 2007

reverse psychology

I found that reverse psychology works very well with the little guys....it may not be the best way...(I am open) but whenever I say something like "Don't eat that food" they laugh and eat it or "Don't put your shoes on"...they laugh and put them on..."Don't throw that away"...then they throw it away...

BUT one day I realized that it isn't always the best thing to do....We were at someones house that we didn't know too well...and the twins decided to go upstairs....I thought oh no, that's rude... I told them "don't go up there" and then they laughed and ran up...I was trying to figure out how to reverse psych that...but it started to make my head hurt...I got mixed up on my RP...I guess I should have said..."Don't come down here and sit with me"....they probably would have thought "okay"......So unless you are really smart and quick...I don't recommend it...