Monday, September 17, 2007

GPS Man

I have a really fun job....I meet a lot of people from all over the world....I work at a hotel and take care of all kinds of things there....

One night we got a call that someone needed directions...actually the man requested alternate directions because he said that the road was closed....They handed the phone to me and he told me where he was...He was just down the road and around the corner at a restaurant... I had just recently driven down the road that he said was closed and didn't have any problems but I believed him and realized that since he was so close and the alternate way would take him in another direction for awhile....I decided I would drive over and he could follow me back....

I got there with no problems...no roads closed....I found him and told him that the road looked fine and asked him which road was closed? He said that his GPS system actually told him that it was closed...he hadn't even tried to get to the hotel!!!....

Good thing the GPS didn't tell him to go drive off a bridge......