Tuesday, September 11, 2007

I just found out that...

the book I am reading is yet another book that disses organized religion and the divinity of Jesus Christ.....I am so sick of this trend...I guess I have to throw it away...

A few years ago I read "The Golden Compass" books....(that I got from a scholastic book fair).....which they are now making a movie out of starring Nicole Kidman....It was mesmerizing...I loved the Polar Bear....but the book had some disturbing, not so subtle things in it about religion, The author seemed to be a atheist trying to plant seeds....(I should find the exact excerpts) but I don't have the book anymore...BUT this is a kids/early teen novel...SCARY

I have some friends whose kids read like crazy. Their daughter and I talked about books a lot and she had also read them....We talked about it and I said that I didn't like the books in some ways and why....she agreed....

What are your kids reading? Yikes.....