Thursday, October 16, 2008

"Do you have another phone?"

At work....


I had one Senior lady come down to front desk and say her phone was broken..I called her number and it was busy..I went up to her apartment to check it out..


I checked phone #1 and there was no dial tone. I asked if she had another phone. she said "yes..in the bedroom"...I checked # 2 phone the connection and there was no dial tone........She also had an answering machine and a life line unit...I checked all the connections...and I just happened to ask her "do you have another phone"...and she said "no"...then she said "wait a minute... there is one in the bathroom"..and guess what? # 3 phone was off the hook...I fixed it.

Then another day soon after...A daughter of one of the residents called me and asked me to check on her mother... that her phone was busy.. I went up to her apt and told her what was going on and she led me into the bedroom and I checked her phone and connections and no dial tone...Since I was experienced in this situation I knew what to ask "Do you have another phone" she said "no" that this was the only one...hmmm I said and checked it again...I asked her if I could check the kitchen and she said sure (awkward moment) and I went in there and sure enough there was a phone sitting on the counter...and it was off the hook...I fixed it...The daughter then called back...

I have learned from my husband when something is broken...don't freak out...Check the obvious things first..It is probably something easy...

No comments: