Portland 2008 Zombie Walk.....last weekend? Dang it!!!! Shoot!!!
DO you see her? The cutest Zombie? I want that haircut....
There were some rules:
Zombie Walk Rules
1. Use the "haunted house" rule in that you are not to touch anyone.
2. Do not attempt to scare anyone who is not a willing participant. If anyone is freaking out, turn and shamble in the opposite direction. Avoid confrontations!
3. Stay on the sidewalk unless crossing the street. When crossing, it's OK to "break character" and cross quickly. Think fast "New Dawn of the Dead" zombies verses the slower "Old Dawn of the Dead" zombies when crossing the street. Blocking traffic is a crime and anyone doing so could be arrested.
4. No drugs. None. Forget it.
5. No alcohol outside the bars. This will get you a nice fine.
6. No littering, destruction of property, or any other illegal activity. Pretend downtown is your own neighborhood and show the utmost respect. This is something we would like to do every year and we don't want to ruin it. Remember, the media will be watching us (along with the Portland Police) and this event could get world wide news coverage. Let's put on a good show.On my list before I die: I want to be an extra in a zombie movie.....
pictures from Brent Wojahn/The Oregonian