Wednesday, July 23, 2008

I went to the French Bakery close to our house....


came across a wonderful baked item.....

I've had them before, but didn't know what they were called....

I asked the French Lady and she said "Bam aire" ...

I said mmm they're sooo good...what did you say they're called?

I heard "Bam aire"...again

I tried to spell it in my head...but I couldn't

Like a dumb American I asked her to write it for me..

and she wrote.... Palmier

palmier[pahlm-YAY]

Also called palm leaves , this crispy delicacy is PUFF PASTRY dough that is sprinkled with
granulated sugar, folded and rolled several times, then cut into thin strips. After baking,
these golden brown, caramelized pastries are served with coffee or tea or as a dessert
accompaniment.

for a recipe :

click here

No comments: