Tuesday, July 1, 2008

I SMELL CHOCOLATE!


I worked 59 hours last week....I have 2 part time jobs...and the hours just collided into eachother. At one job I work the front desk at a Senior living apartment building...and one night it was very very busy with lots of things going on and I get this call from one of our Seniors...and it went something like this....made my night!




Senior Lady: "Hello, this is Betty ______in room___. I smell chocolate!"




Me: "Hmmm, really? chocolate?" (Once I register that it was chocolate and not smoke, I relax a little bit)




Betty: "Yes, chocolate...Is the kitchen baking chocolate cakes tonight?"




Me: "Hmmmm, no...the kitchen is closed right now."




Betty: "Really, because it really smells like chocolate cakes."




Me: "Hmmm, well is there anything I can do for you?"




Betty: "mmm....no..... I just smell chocolate....one of my neighbors must be baking a chocolate cake."




Me: "OK....well have a good night..."




Betty: OK...you too honey..."




Me: "Bye"




Betty: "Bye"

No comments: