Friday, February 29, 2008

Random Acts of Kindness


This is from a booklet my son Joe made at school...


1. Help someone (who hasn't asked) with something...I helped my sister before we left home for school to remember to bring her clarinet. She said "Thank you" and I felt good.


2. Make a card, put a specific comment about the person you are giving it to and deliver it...After school while I was walking home, I gave my sister a birthday card...She thought it was creepy and it kinda hurt my feelings.


3. Say a pleasant "good morning" and "goodnight" to those you see...I passed my grandma and grandpa in the hallway and right before I passed them I said "goodnight." They weren't surprised because I usually say "good night."


4. Give a compliment to a younger person....I gave a compliment to my younger brother about how good he plays this game called "Sly Cooper." He didn't say anything buy his facial expression showed that he was shy...


5. Share a nice story with someone....I share a story about me going to California to my friend Obed. He said "Okay?" Then he shared a story about him going camping.


6. Include a friend/sibling in a game, conversation or activity....I played a game called "Batman" last night with my little brothers. It's just like "Hide and go Seek" but the name is just different. I played the game around 5:00 pm down stairs at my house.


7. Do a kind thing as a surprise and don't tell that you did it....I did the dishes this morning for my mom around 7:20 am. I did it because the day before she looked really sad. I just hope this helps her. I felt really good helping my mom.


8. Tell someone you love them and look them in the eye... I told my sister I loved her when we were walking to school. It wasn't that wierd because she did it to me the day before. I felt a little embarassed but it was a good experience.

3 comments:

regibells said...

Okay how cute is this! It made me laugh and smile. What a sweet boy.

Katie said...

Joe is such a good guy.

Anonymous said...

Joe, you make my heart sing!