Tuesday, February 19, 2008

fresh meat

This is me this last weekend....a friend from work invited me to a candle party...I decided to go because I wanted to get to know people from work better...I should have known better...Have you attended "parties" before..anywhere from tupperware, kitchen tools, home decor, and some other "non mentionables" ? I have a couple times and should have remembered to have known better.....

To my dismay, I realized there were no people from work there to show up...only her friends that I didn't know and they didn't care to know me but were only interested in me as the "fresh meat" (someone they have not sold candles to before....)

With all these types of parties, there are games involved....for example I remember a tupperware party where the goal of the hostess is to "sign up" two people from the party to host another party....One of the games was a gamblin sort of game....The presenter had a "gift" wrapped up and if you won the game, you got it...if you didn't you had to host a future party...You could drop out of the game at anytime, but didn't recieve a gift....(something sick like that)....and of course the gift ended up being something totally worthless...a set of funnel cups that looked like boobies...hahahaha

So back to Saturday...."the game" was a bunch of questions that were asked about the hostess and we were suppose to guess the right answer (what she would answer) You got a star for each correct answer and the person with the most, got a candle (one of those tealite super small ones...hahaha- worthless)

So guess what the last question was? "Who do you think Angela would think would like to host the next party?" and of course the answer was me...(I got that answer wrong)

I realized I HAD BEEN SET UP! I WAS THE FRESH MEAT! The whole time I was thinking... "How am I going to get the blank out of here...."

Besides, if I want to buy a candle for 17.95...I'll go to Pier 1

No comments: