Monday, August 13, 2007

I have another secret

I read a letter I wasn’t supposed too…..

In the early nineties, Joe and I were visiting some relatives. We stayed in their guest bedroom. It had a sleigh bed in it and a beautiful wood desk. On top of the desk, was a row of letters in bright yellow and orange envelopes. They were stacked side by side. I remember thinking what beautiful envelopes and picked out a yellow one and saw who it was from. I remember getting wonderful letters from this person and thought I would read one to see what wonderful things she had to say to this person (whose house we were staying at).

Well as I started reading the letter, I would have never guessed it would have been about me. It was about how awful our wedding was…about how jealous I must have been at this other persons wedding(the person being written too)….The person writing this letter, wasn’t even at our wedding but was writing back to this person who obviously wrote some terrible things about me to her.

I was aghast!! My hands shook….My head got all hot….My stomach fell…..I’ll never forget how I felt……..I couldn’t believe this person could be so influenced by this other person…who harbored so much hate towards me….
What is sad, is that history repeats itself……