Tuesday, October 2, 2007

my latest find.....

in my caffeine addiction.....
Looks pretty innocent...
It states it has as much caffeine as a cup of coffee...

If I don't have enough caffeine during the day I get a really bad headache..It is really a struggle for me...I have done a "cleanse" before but it is 2 days of hell... I'm not quite ready for hell yet...

I read:

CAFFEINE WITHDRAWL HEADACHES are throbbing headaches caused by dilated blood vessels returning to normal size after large consumptions of caffeine.

From healthsquare.com:

Caffeine. This pervasive substance can be a friend or a foe. It is used as an ingredient in most pain relievers because it enhances intestinal absorption of the drug. But caffeine can also trigger headaches in sensitive people and in those who take too much.
You can get headaches from too much caffeine and from caffeine withdrawal. Withdrawal starts from 8 to 16 hours after the last ingestion, which explains why many people get a headache toward the end of their workday, or when they wake up in the morning.
Caffeine is a stimulant that affects the heart, lungs, blood vessels, muscles, stomach, kidneys, and overall metabolism. It can cause jitteriness, anxiety, agitation, gastrointestinal distress, sleep disturbances, and depression. Caffeine headaches are characterized by fatigue, grogginess, clouded thinking, and often throbbing pain.

YIKES....I got addicted orignally from taking excedrin and midol.....

http://www.healthsquare.com/headaches5.htm

http://blog.worldvillage.com/health/how_to_treat_caffeine_headaches.html

http://www.webmd.com/migraines-headaches/guide/triggers-caffeine